Saturday, February 9, 2008

3 years after Bryn Mawr ...

Name: Sharmeen
Class: 2004
Major: English
Current Occupation: Contract Associate at Penguin Group (USA), Inc.

So I've tried for a really long time to put together a blog written by Bryn Mawr alums, and so far this site seems to be the easiest way to do that. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get the more interesting alums to sign up to blog.
I guess I should just start a first post, and see if anyone will tag themselves on.
In the three years since I left Bryn Mawr and moved back to New York I have survived an internship with Columbia University Press, got a job with Penguin Group USA Inc, and have moved away from home, back home, and away from home again. I also got to take a nice trip to Disney World with my family which was quite an adventure.
Right now I'm sitting in a class about Blogging for Profitability at NYU. It's really interesting all the stuff that goes into making a blog work for you to bring more revenue or attention.
I also recently got a promotion to Associate, effective on Monday ... which also is the day of my Performance Appraisal ... which is also on my birthday. Pretty good, don't you think?

1 comment:

rabidbats04 said...

i can try.. I've had blog on livejournal that more or less tracked my life (ant tried to keep in touch with other friends from bmc) but I can try to contribute here from time to time... let me know!

You can find me on facebook ;)